Sunday, January 24, 2016 | 9 – 11:30 AM | FREE
Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street
A books + breakfast series for young kids & their parents
featuring JonArno Lawson and Sydney Smith, Sidewalk Flowers
The Koffler Centre of the Arts is thrilled to welcome award-winning poet JonArno Lawson and illustrator Sydney Smith to our first Bookmarkers event, where they will present their wordless picture book Sidewalk Flowers. They will also lead a Sidewalk Flowers-inspired walk through Artscape Youngplace, as well as wordless poetry and collaborative mural-making workshops.
Enjoy a family-friendly breakfast in the Coffee Pub café* and additional interactive play activities with the Smart Cookie Club.
Recommended for young children, toddlers to age 7
- Winner of the 2015 Governor General’s Literary Award for Children’s Illustrated Books
- Selected for the 2015 New York Times Best Illustrated Children’s Books of the Year
- Long-listed for the 2015 Goodreads Choice Award for Best Picture Book
- Selected for the 2015 Publishers Weekly Best Books of the Year
* Program does not include any food or beverages purchased at the Coffee Pub
Series Partner: Groundwood Books. Program in memory of Tyrus Reiman.
Community Partner: Smart Cookie Club.