1) Four (4) hard copies of each submission must be mailed or couriered to:
PenguinPickUp Liberty Village
ATTN: Alicia Baum XUJA - NAQ8
171 East Liberty St, Unit 137
Toronto ON, M6K 3P6
EMAIL THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL TO email@example.com
2) Completed entry form (DOWNLOAD HERE).
3) A current author biography.
4) A high-resolution jpeg of the author.
5) A high-resolution jpeg of the book cover.
6) $50 entry fee per title submitted (VISA, MasterCard, cash and cheques are accepted. Cheques can be made out to the Koffler Centre of the Arts and mailed to: 180 Shaw Street, Unit 104-105, Toronto, ON M6J 2W5) *Please note for books being sent from outside of Canada that the Koffler is not responsible for the cost of shipping, customs or duty. Should a package arrive with customs or duty owing, it will be declined and returned to sender. Please ensure that all fees are pre-paid upon sending.
Click HERE to make a secure credit card payment online.
Books will be considered in one category only – please consider carefully the category in which your submission belongs. Final categorization will be determined by the jury.
Categories and Prizes
A prize of $10,000 will be awarded to authors in the following categories:
Fiction: A novel, short-story collection, short story, or graphic novel of exemplary literary merit that is fictional.
History: A non-fiction work about a historical experience.
Non-Fiction: Biography, memoir, autobiography, graphic novel, short story, collection of short stories, or other prose writing that is based on facts, real events, and real people.
Poetry: A collection or single piece of writing composed in verse.*
Young Adult/Children's Literature: Poetry or prose composed for readers under 16.
* Poetry is awarded every three years. Poetry from 2019-2022 can be submitted.